Monday, August 25, 2008
Here's me with Stefonius Monk at camp. And Stefonius with Greg and Jere Canote, wonderful folk and musicians. They are twins, creators of the Spinoplians and have now been telling us about "The Protocol" which is where they are super polite and positive with each other on jobs to create a good atmosphere instead of the ususal moaning and groaning. Nice.
1. So on our flight from Lady of the Lake camp in Idaho the flight attendant came up to me and asked if I was Terry Gross since someone on the flight thought I was. Who would I rather be?
2. Daniel Zwerdling from NPR has called our hospice singing leader Kathy Leo to do a spot on our group Hallowell. Will let y'all know when the interview happens and airs.
3. On our flight out to camp we met a guy who's father is in the band "The Association". At first I couldn't believe it was the same band I knew from my childhood until he said, "You know the songs 'Cherish', 'Along Comes Mary' and 'Windy'?" Wow. His father had died so he was filling in with three other of the original guys in the band. They still play in casinos and resorts.
4. Bill Frissell and Sam may get to play music together
5. Norah Jones came to Sam's concert in NY with Doveman.